Welcome to Herbal Organic!
Have You Activated Your Endocannabinoid System Today?
We specialize in education.
List and Information Compiled by ProjectCBD.org
Scientific research has shown that phytocannabinoids may be therapeutic for many conditions, including those listed below.
Click on a condition for links to medical research.
The United States Government acquired a Patent for CBD over 15 years ago.
"Cannabinoids have been found to have antioxidant properties, unrelated to NMDA receptor antagonism. This new found property makes cannabinoids useful in the treatment and prophylaxis of wide variety of oxidation associated diseases, such as ischemic, age-related, inflammatory and autoimmune diseases. The cannabinoids are found to have particular application as neuroprotectants, for example in limiting neurological damage following ischemic insults, such as stroke and trauma, or in the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases, such as Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease and HIV dementia. Nonpsychoactive cannabinoids, such as cannabidoil, are particularly advantageous to use because they avoid toxicity that is encountered with psychoactive cannabinoids at high doses useful in the method of the present invention. A particular disclosed class of cannabinoids useful as neuroprotective antioxidants is formula (I) wherein the R group is independently selected from the group consisting of H, CH.sub.3, and COCH.sub.3. ##STR1##”
"The application relates to the identification that cannabinoids, such as cannabidiol can be used to treat inflammatory diseases. Cannabinoids for use in treating inflammatory diseases, methods of treating inflammatory diseases and cannabinoids in combination with pharmaceutically acceptable carriers are claimed."
"The Endocannabinoid System"
The Most Important Discovery of our Human Bodies to Date!
"One of the most exciting new developments in the field of cannabis as medicine has been the discovery of the endocannabinoid system (ECS). In 1990 the first endogenous THC- sensitive receptor was discovered in rats. In the past two decades there has been an exponential increase in our understanding of how the ECS works and its role in several important and sometimes unique areas of physiology, immunology, psychology, and even tumor suppression. The ECS is involved with a variety of physiological processes, including appetite, pain sensation, mood, memory, gastrointestinal functions, inflammatory response, and immune function.
Unfortunately most of the research has been done in in vivo animal or in vitro tissue culture. Since the 1970s almost all NIH supported research related to cannabis were designed to prove the deleterious effects of cannabis, while blocking research into the beneficial effects it is estimated that only 8 percent of the older studies focused on the therapeutic benefits of cannabis, although this has changed considerably in recent years". ~ Gregory L Smith, MD, MPH (Medical Cannabis pg.25)
What Clinicians Need To Know And Why
Gregory L Smith, MD, MPH
- A case study in how to develop a national cannabis flower brand October 25, 2020National cannabis brands are common in several sectors including infused products, vape pens and retail. But the industry has not seen many national flower brands. A case study in how to develop a national cannabis flower brand is a post from: Marijuana Business Daily: Financial, Legal & Cannabusiness news for cannabis entrepreneursBart Schaneman
- Week in Review: Two states start medical marijuana sales, MT measure survives, Oregon streamlines licensing & more October 24, 2020Medical marijuana sales began in Missouri after voters approved legalization two years ago. Dispensaries in the St. Louis area reported strong interest as Missouri became the 34th state to launch a full-blown MMJ program. MJBizDaily takeaway: Put another pin in the U.S. map of states that have legalized medical cannabis. The Marijuana Business Factbook estimates […]Bart Schaneman
- Majority of recent cannabis busts in Ontario involved medical grows, police say October 23, 2020Ontario’s provincial police service is trumpeting summer and fall seizures of illicit cannabis plants in Canada’s most populated province, highlighting large seizures of marijuana from “52 large-volume illegal operations” between July 1 and Oct. 15. Detective inspector Jim Walker of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) organized crime enforcement bureau told Marijuana Business Daily that the […]Solomon Israel
- L.A. marijuana delivery lawsuit could be flashpoint among industry stakeholders October 23, 2020This story has been updated with a comment from Adam Spiker, executive director of the Southern California Coalition. The most recent legal fight facing Los Angeles’ marijuana licensing process is a lawsuit seeking to overturn a new requirement that all delivery permits go only to qualified social equity applicants. The legal action has divided the […]John Schroyer
- Newly enforced law might harm Italy’s medical cannabis market, pharmacies warn October 23, 2020Italian regulators have reminded pharmacies they are barred from shipping medical cannabis preparations to customers, a major departure from how patients have accessed the medicine for years in the southern European country. Business and patient groups warn that a government crackdown on such shipments – based on a 30-year-old law – could turn back the […]Alfredo Pascual
- A Survey of State CBD & Hemp Regulation Since The 2018 Farm Bill October 22, 2020Since the Farm Bill was signed into law, we have seen a number of new state laws addressing both the legality of hemp and products derived therefrom, most noticeably cannabidiol, better known as CBD. This piece provides a brief overview of some of the more interesting state laws concerning hemp and CBD, as well as […]Aaron Biros
- NCIA to DEA: Rescind the Interim Hemp Rule October 21, 2020The National Cannabis Industry Association (NCIA) released a statement urging the DEA to rescind their Interim Hemp Rule, which makes compliance essentially impossible for the hemp industry and puts companies in constant legal risk. The post NCIA to DEA: Rescind the Interim Hemp Rule appeared first on Cannabis Industry Journal.Aaron Biros
- ImEPIK Launches Cannabis Edibles Safety Course October 21, 2020The online training company has launched their newest course, focused on the safety of edible cannabis products. The post ImEPIK Launches Cannabis Edibles Safety Course appeared first on Cannabis Industry Journal.Aaron Biros
- East Coast Cannalytics Accredited to ISO 17025 October 20, 2020A2LA announced last week that they accredited ECC Labs to ISO/IEC 17025:2017. Based in Blacksburg, Virginia, East Coast Cannalytics is an analytical and microbial testing lab. The first dispensary for Virginia's medical cannabis program opened its doors last week. The post East Coast Cannalytics Accredited to ISO 17025 appeared first on Cannabis Industry Journal.Aaron Biros
- Leaders in Infused Products Manufacturing: Part 1 October 19, 2020In this series of articles, Aaron Green sits down and interviews a number of industry executives leading infused products and edibles companies. In Part 1, Green sits down with Keith Cich, co-founder of Sunderstorm, Inc. and the brand Kanha Gummies to hear about his product development and manufacturing processes, and how his business is growing. […]Aaron Biros
Phytocannabinoid Rich Hemp Products
Consistant Cannabinoid Profiles from 9 million acres of Hemp Farms
Great source for Omegas 3 and 6.