Welcome to Herbal Organic!
Have You Activated Your Endocannabinoid System Today?
We specialize in education.
List and Information Compiled by ProjectCBD.org
Scientific research has shown that phytocannabinoids may be therapeutic for many conditions, including those listed below.
Click on a condition for links to medical research.
The United States Government acquired a Patent for CBD over 15 years ago.
"Cannabinoids have been found to have antioxidant properties, unrelated to NMDA receptor antagonism. This new found property makes cannabinoids useful in the treatment and prophylaxis of wide variety of oxidation associated diseases, such as ischemic, age-related, inflammatory and autoimmune diseases. The cannabinoids are found to have particular application as neuroprotectants, for example in limiting neurological damage following ischemic insults, such as stroke and trauma, or in the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases, such as Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease and HIV dementia. Nonpsychoactive cannabinoids, such as cannabidoil, are particularly advantageous to use because they avoid toxicity that is encountered with psychoactive cannabinoids at high doses useful in the method of the present invention. A particular disclosed class of cannabinoids useful as neuroprotective antioxidants is formula (I) wherein the R group is independently selected from the group consisting of H, CH.sub.3, and COCH.sub.3. ##STR1##”
"The application relates to the identification that cannabinoids, such as cannabidiol can be used to treat inflammatory diseases. Cannabinoids for use in treating inflammatory diseases, methods of treating inflammatory diseases and cannabinoids in combination with pharmaceutically acceptable carriers are claimed."
"The Endocannabinoid System"
The Most Important Discovery of our Human Bodies to Date!
"One of the most exciting new developments in the field of cannabis as medicine has been the discovery of the endocannabinoid system (ECS). In 1990 the first endogenous THC- sensitive receptor was discovered in rats. In the past two decades there has been an exponential increase in our understanding of how the ECS works and its role in several important and sometimes unique areas of physiology, immunology, psychology, and even tumor suppression. The ECS is involved with a variety of physiological processes, including appetite, pain sensation, mood, memory, gastrointestinal functions, inflammatory response, and immune function.
Unfortunately most of the research has been done in in vivo animal or in vitro tissue culture. Since the 1970s almost all NIH supported research related to cannabis were designed to prove the deleterious effects of cannabis, while blocking research into the beneficial effects it is estimated that only 8 percent of the older studies focused on the therapeutic benefits of cannabis, although this has changed considerably in recent years". ~ Gregory L Smith, MD, MPH (Medical Cannabis pg.25)
What Clinicians Need To Know And Why
Gregory L Smith, MD, MPH
- Cannabis vape products with cutting agent recalled in Michigan September 24, 2020Michigan regulators recalled more than a dozen cannabis vape products sold in the Detroit area for containing a cutting agent linked to vaping-related lung illnesses. The state’s Marijuana Regulatory Agency issued a recall on vape pens that were tested in August and found to contain the thickener vitamin E acetate, a possible culprit in e-cigarette […]Bart Schaneman
- GW Pharmaceuticals cannabis drug gets regulatory OK in Australia September 24, 2020GW Pharmaceuticals’ plant-derived CBD drug Epidyolex received approval from Australia’s Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) to be used in treating seizures related to Lennox-Gastaut syndrome and Dravet syndrome for patients 2 and older. The approval is the third major global regulatory approval for Epidyolex, GW said in a news release. “The TGA approval is further proof […]Solomon Israel
- 4Front closes on sale of three Maryland medical marijuana dispensaries September 24, 2020Multistate cannabis operator 4Front Ventures said it has completed the sale of three medical marijuana dispensaries in Maryland for $5.5 million, as the Arizona-based company shifts its focus to adult-use markets such as in Illinois. Philadelphia-based Ethos Cannabis announced in a news release that it acquired the rights to 4Front dispensaries in Rockville, Catonsville and […]Jeff Smith
- Wholesale cannabis bud prices rise significantly in Colorado September 24, 2020The average market rate for wholesale marijuana in Colorado hit a three-year high, according to new figures from the Colorado Department of Revenue. For the quarter from Oct. 1 to Dec. 31, the average market rate for a pound of unprocessed retail marijuana bud was $1,316, and the average market rate for a pound of […]Solomon Israel
- Extreme weather patterns force cannabis growers to rethink cultivation strategies September 24, 2020As extreme weather events ravage the country from coast to coast – including wildfires, floods and early freezes – marijuana growers are being forced to reevaluate their risks and consider changes to their cultivation practices. Outdoor marijuana growers, in particular, are vulnerable to severe changes in weather, prompting farmers to consider moving their crops inside […]Bart Schaneman
- C4 Labs Accredited, Ready for Compliance Testing September 23, 2020After a hard-fought battle lobbying for legislative change, the Arizona market is on track to begin requiring compliance testing for cannabis products in November. Scottsdale-based C4 Labs is ready with their new ISO/IEC 17025 accreditation and expanded sample capacity. The post C4 Labs Accredited, Ready for Compliance Testing appeared first on Cannabis Industry Journal.Aaron Biros
- The DEA’s Interim Final Rule and its Impact on the Industrial Hemp Industry September 23, 2020This new curveball the DEA threw at the cannabis industry muddies the waters significantly. The DEA believes that, should the THC content exceed 0.3% THC at any point during the extraction process, processors will be considered to be in possession of a Schedule I controlled substance. The post The DEA’s Interim Final Rule and its […]Aaron Biros
- Why You Should Consider Parametric Insurance to Protect Your Outdoor Cannabis Crop September 22, 2020Outdoor cannabis crops aren’t covered by traditional crop insurance. But in a hardening property insurance market, a world of climate change and shifting weather patterns, growers are looking for a way to mitigate their risk. Parametric insurance may be your best bet. The post Why You Should Consider Parametric Insurance to Protect Your Outdoor Cannabis Crop […]Aaron Biros
- Oklahoma Announces Contract with Metrc September 22, 2020The Metrc seed-to-sale software system was awarded the state contract for the market. They expect to launch it in February 2021. The post Oklahoma Announces Contract with Metrc appeared first on Cannabis Industry Journal.Aaron Biros
- Vermont Senate Approves Cannabis Regulation Bill September 22, 2020The Vermont Senate voted to pass a bill that would legalize, regulate and tax cannabis sales. The Governor has not said if he will sign the bill into law. The post Vermont Senate Approves Cannabis Regulation Bill appeared first on Cannabis Industry Journal.Aaron Biros
Phytocannabinoid Rich Hemp Products
Consistant Cannabinoid Profiles from 9 million acres of Hemp Farms
Great source for Omegas 3 and 6.