Welcome to Herbal Organic!
Have You Activated Your Endocannabinoid System Today?
We specialize in education.
List and Information Compiled by ProjectCBD.org
Scientific research has shown that phytocannabinoids may be therapeutic for many conditions, including those listed below.
Click on a condition for links to medical research.
The United States Government acquired a Patent for CBD over 15 years ago.
"Cannabinoids have been found to have antioxidant properties, unrelated to NMDA receptor antagonism. This new found property makes cannabinoids useful in the treatment and prophylaxis of wide variety of oxidation associated diseases, such as ischemic, age-related, inflammatory and autoimmune diseases. The cannabinoids are found to have particular application as neuroprotectants, for example in limiting neurological damage following ischemic insults, such as stroke and trauma, or in the treatment of neurodegenerative diseases, such as Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease and HIV dementia. Nonpsychoactive cannabinoids, such as cannabidoil, are particularly advantageous to use because they avoid toxicity that is encountered with psychoactive cannabinoids at high doses useful in the method of the present invention. A particular disclosed class of cannabinoids useful as neuroprotective antioxidants is formula (I) wherein the R group is independently selected from the group consisting of H, CH.sub.3, and COCH.sub.3. ##STR1##”
"The application relates to the identification that cannabinoids, such as cannabidiol can be used to treat inflammatory diseases. Cannabinoids for use in treating inflammatory diseases, methods of treating inflammatory diseases and cannabinoids in combination with pharmaceutically acceptable carriers are claimed."
"The Endocannabinoid System"
The Most Important Discovery of our Human Bodies to Date!
"One of the most exciting new developments in the field of cannabis as medicine has been the discovery of the endocannabinoid system (ECS). In 1990 the first endogenous THC- sensitive receptor was discovered in rats. In the past two decades there has been an exponential increase in our understanding of how the ECS works and its role in several important and sometimes unique areas of physiology, immunology, psychology, and even tumor suppression. The ECS is involved with a variety of physiological processes, including appetite, pain sensation, mood, memory, gastrointestinal functions, inflammatory response, and immune function.
Unfortunately most of the research has been done in in vivo animal or in vitro tissue culture. Since the 1970s almost all NIH supported research related to cannabis were designed to prove the deleterious effects of cannabis, while blocking research into the beneficial effects it is estimated that only 8 percent of the older studies focused on the therapeutic benefits of cannabis, although this has changed considerably in recent years". ~ Gregory L Smith, MD, MPH (Medical Cannabis pg.25)
What Clinicians Need To Know And Why
Gregory L Smith, MD, MPH
- Lab Shopping: Highlighting the Need for Checks and Balances in Cannabis May 5, 2021Josh Swider, Co-Founder of InfiniteCAL, shares his concerns regarding labs working more like profit centers than public safety agents. The post Lab Shopping: Highlighting the Need for Checks and Balances in Cannabis appeared first on Cannabis Industry Journal.Aaron Biros
- Designing Precision Cannabis Facilities: A Case Study May 3, 2021In this case study, we take a look at Onyx Agronomics and how they were able to design a particularly efficient indoor facility capable of cultivating cannabis at 2.7 grams per watt from every square foot of canopy, with some help from Ascendant Management. The post Designing Precision Cannabis Facilities: A Case Study appeared first on […]Aaron Biros
- How Private-Sector-Led Information Sharing Can Transform Cybersecurity in the Cannabis Industry. May 3, 2021In this article, veteran emergency preparedness and security professionals examine cyber security in the cannabis industry and showcase information sharing best practices that can provide a roadmap for the cannabis industry moving forward. The authors outline a strategy focused on three key pillars: Understanding the Threat, Assessing the Risks and Taking Action, and explain why […]Aaron Biros
- ISO/IEC 17025 Accreditation Falls Short for Cannabis Testing Laboratories May 3, 2021Kathleen May, founder of Triskele Quality Solutions, provides insight on where ISO/IEC 17025 accreditation may not be sufficient guidance for cannabis testing laboratories to operate in a compliant and safe manner. The post ISO/IEC 17025 Accreditation Falls Short for Cannabis Testing Laboratories appeared first on Cannabis Industry Journal.Aaron Biros
- Defining Hemp: Classifications, Policies & Markets, Part 1 April 29, 2021The cannabis plant is an incredibly versatile plant used in numerous applications: construction materials, textiles, composites, bioplastics, food ingredients, phytochemicals, CBD products, and so much more. Or is that hemp? In this two-part series, Darwin Millard takes the reader down the hemp rabbit hole and discusses how the global market has evolved the definition of […]Aaron Biros
Phytocannabinoid Rich Hemp Products
Consistant Cannabinoid Profiles from 9 million acres of Hemp Farms
Great source for Omegas 3 and 6.